Hello and welcome to InfluencerUpdate.biz!
Steel Media is thrilled to present our brand new information hub focused solely upon the business of online influencers and influencer marketing.
Our mission is to educate and inform the industry about this new breed of social and video thought leaders, demystifying the landscape for those intending to get involved and providing useful advice and insight to those who already are.
Who's behind this?
We aim to bring the same independent rigour and analysis to this sector as we have to those other industries and provide a rich mix of news, opinion, data and practical guidance to deliver real value for the emerging influencer scene and its associated ecosystem.
Where will we focus?
Obviously the influencer marketplace is HUUUUGGGGEEE so we're not going to be able to cover absolutely everything at once, and to begin with we will certainly lean closer toward the world of games influencers which most closely overlaps with our other media.
However this definitely does not mean we'll be ignoring other sectors. We believe there are immediate lessons to be learned from best practice in different industries and our lofty ambition is to become the de facto home for independent news and opinion on the entire influencer space, whether the focus is fashion, sport or family fun.
We also aspire to support all parts of the ecosystem, providing insight and advice for marketeers plus technical tips and support for aspiring influencers themselves seeking to grow an audience.
Who is it for?
If your career is in marketing and PR, InfluencerUpdate.biz will enable you to better understand influencers and offers performance and campaign case studies and advice to help you improve your campaigns. We’ll be providing coverage on as many influencer campaigns as case studies we can find, to give our readers a real insight into how this industry works.
If you are an influencer, streamer or YouTuber, InfluencerUpdate.biz sets explains the opportunities available to you and gives you a shortcut into the mindset of those who surround and support your work. In future we also aim to provide more hands-on advice to best practise and growing your audience too.
What you'll find at InfluencerUpdate.biz
We’ve begun compiling a vibrant database of the most important personalities, agencies, tools and organisations within the influencer space, and there’s plenty more to come.
Even though we've just started, InfluencerUpdate.biz already crams in a variety of content to explore, including:
- Daily News: Updates on the latest campaigns, partnerships, investments, tools and talking points.
- Campaign Watch: A quick summary of some of the most interesting campaigns we've spotted in recent weeks.
- Influencer Icons & Rising Stars: A one-to-one with a leading (or upcoming) personality, sharing their thoughts on the influencer space.
- Opinion & Market Insights: Opinion and interviews from a variety of thought-leaders in the industry offering their advice and insight.
- Features & Guides: Taking a more in-depth look into specific areas of the industry. For starters, check out our look to the top 20 gaming influencers to watch and a 101: Beginner's guide to influencer marketing.
- Viral Visionaries: Our curated panel of experts within the gaming, marketing and influencer space have their say on the hot topics.
- Success Stories: Taking a look under the hood at campaigns to see what worked and why.
- Event Listings: Find out where you can meet the rest of the industry face-to-face in our events guide.
- Recruitment: Looking to futher your career in the influencer marketing world? Look here first.
Naturally we're always open to new ideas, so if you have something you think we should cover or create, send us a mail to [email protected].
Meet the team
The site may be supported by an army of industry experts, but at the vanguard we have a core team of journalists doing battle with copy.
- Craig Chapple (Senior Editor) - Senior Editor of InfluencerUpdate.biz as well as overseeing mobile games business website PocketGamer.biz. He was previously online editor at Nintendo of Europe, based in Frankfurt, and prior to that spent four years at games industry publication Develop where he held the role of deputy editor.
- Danielle Partis (Editor) - Danielle Partis is Editor of InfluencerUpdate.biz. She was previously the lead content creator for TeamRock Games, as well as contributing to outlets such as Metal Hammer, both online and in print. Prior to that, Danielle worked as a freelance PR consultant and freelance journalist for a number of outlets.
- Stuart Dredge (Conributing Editor) - Former Editor of PocketGamer.Biz, now a freelance journalist and contributing editor to Guardian Technology, specialising in apps, mobile content, digital music and influencers, Stu is our newshound.
- Dave Bradley (COO) - COO of Steel Media, home of InfluencerUpdate.biz. He has over 20 years of experience running leading online and print editorial brands, across the games, tech, home computing and entertainment sectors, including SFX and GamesRadar.com.
- Plus Superstar Contributors Including: Ben Parfitt and Nina Creswell.
BIG Thanks to our Launch Partners
Ultimately we're creating this for the industry, but none of it will be possible without the support of the industry, so we'd like to say a big shout out to all the people who've chipped in so far (and will continue to do so) but with extra special thanks to our Launch partners.
All leading industry players in their own right, influencer-marketing matchmaking platform Matchmade.tv, leading US management company Spartan Elite and Munich-based influencer marketing agency GameInfluencer.com, will be contributing data for features as well as sponsorship.
If you'd like to get involved with supporting the site, please contact Steel Media's CEO [email protected] for a run-down of advertising and partnership opportunities.
And of course if you have any further enquiries or would like to get involved with InfluencerUpdate.biz, we want to hear from you! Get in touch with the site’s Editor at [email protected], Senior Editor [email protected], or COO, [email protected].
Please bookmark the site, have a look around and let us know what you think!