We are looking to augment our team with a full-time Generalist Programmer to work on-site in Vienna, Austria.
To us, there are only three requirements:
☐ You have read our introduction
☐ You want to work with us
☐ You can work with us
- There is really only one way for us to find out the last one. Actually trying it!
- Unfortunately, there is not enough time in the world to try and work with everybody. But there are a few indicators of whether we’ll be a good fit for each other:
- You are comfortable actively talking to people - Be it discussing requirements/schedules, designing solutions or giving/receiving feedback. Office conversation will frequently happen in German but being fluent in English is a requirement. People will readily switch to English if you can’t follow a German conversation. Communication with external partners is almost exclusively English as well.
- You know C# or C++ well. Almost any project we take on deals with either. Knowing C++ is preferred as people tend to find it harder to teach and it requires a deeper understanding of hardware.
- You have a body of work to show us. That’s the easiest way for us to get an impression of your skills. This may be professional experience shipping titles, open source repositories or pet projects on your online portfolio. In the highly likely case of you having participated in group efforts, please make sure to explicitly state not just your job title, but also your responsibilities.
- You are curious and inquisitive. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we expect you to be interested in learning anything that helps you hone your skills. We often say our job is done when there is nothing left to wonder about.
- Unless there is an unprecedented global virus pandemic, you are fine with occasionally travelling by plane. Many of our partners want you to spend regular quality time with their teams and we think that’s good for us all.
Compensation & perks
If you have three years of relevant professional experience, you can look forward to an annual gross salary of €42.000,-. If you have fewer, more or other additional qualifications, an adjustment can be negotiated. This covers 38.5 hours a week at around 44 weeks per year, when bank holidays and your mandatory vacation are taken into account.
On top of that, we offer the following perks:
- Spend one paid day per month on personal training and learning
- Flexible working hours (core office hours 10:00h-16:00h)
- Paid overtime (no all-inclusive contracts)
- 25 days of paid vacation (guaranteed by labor law) and around ten public holidays per year
- Monthly get-togethers with a free drink
- Free weekly Yoga classes (currently via remote video)
- Monthly on-site massages for a reduced price
- Free coffee and fruit