Solsten is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential, engagement, and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
Solsten is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users.
At Solsten, everything is about the customer and their experience. This is the DNA of our product and at the core of how we engage with our clients. As a Player-centered game design specialist , you will be the trusted advisor for our existing gaming customers. By living and breathing a "client first" culture and deeply understanding the gaming industry and the day-to-day reality of our clients, you will ensure that our customers receive the proverbial white glove service.
This role requires a strong appetite for growth, high emotional intelligence combined with curiosity to understand our customers' needs, autonomy, and impeccable project management skills.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we are looking for somebody like you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Establish yourself as a trusted audience-first advisor to our customers in order to help them achieve their product experience goals while continuously leveraging the Solsten technology.
- Intimately understand the Solsten product, game design, and how to build the next generation of human-centered experiences using our audience intelligence dashboard, with a constant pulse on what we’re building next.
- Continuously deepen your understanding of player centricity, best practices in game development, how to apply psychology to game design, and keep up to date with new trends in these spaces as well as their potential applications for our customers.
- Stay in-tune with our customers on how they can improve their game and feature development to hit key product metrics (e.g. D1-D7 retention).
- Provide workshops and training sessions for various stakeholders (e.g. game designers, product mangers, UX designers, researchers, etc.) on relevant best practices with the Solsten dashboard to maximize their ability to apply psychologically based audience-first game design and research principles so that our customers have optimal impact with the Solsten platform.
- Form strategic relationships with key stakeholders to understand our customer’s business within their industry and develop strategic roadmaps for how Solsten grows with them.
- Build a consistent and strong feedback loop to our UX and product team to share and discuss customer requests that are prioritized by the product team.
- Partner with our Customer Success, and Research teams to develop strategic and technical plans that help customers achieve their business objectives with Solsten.
- Bring a great sense of humor, tact, and ability to be empathetic and personable to clients, building rapport and trust with a deep passion for helping companies to become more player and human-centered.
- Add to the overall public discourse on social channels or through talks on the importance of player-centeredness while aiding companies and onboarding them through change management as they adopt and progress through the various stages of user-centeredness as a key advisor on the process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or equivalent practical experience in a game studio as UX designer or similar roles.
- You bring a minimum of 4 years of experience working in game design or supporting the game design process in a relevant role.
- You bring great experience in project management, defining milestones, success criteria, resource allocation, and on-time delivery.
- You are a master of empathy and insight- you understand our customers and their needs as good as anybody.
- You bring a strong passion for all of the following: games, game UX, psychology, personalization, player-centered experiences, and a high motivation to build a deep understanding of our products and translate the value to our customers.
- You are a self-motivated team player and ability to work in fast-paced environments with minimal oversight.
- You are a great communicator and communicate proactively and straightforward, while demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You listen well. You create alignment by default and can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. People love working with you.
- Last but not least, you possess excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and shift workload to meet deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at Solsten are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment and work station
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- We are open to start working together remotely but this role is expected to be located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, or Berlin, Germany, in the mid-term.
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.