YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO THE BUSINESS OF INFLUENCER MARKETING

News

UK YouTuber cements a microwave to his head - Fire service not impressed

UK YouTuber cements a microwave to his head - Fire service not impressed

Firefighters commented that they were "seriously unimpressed" after being called out on Thursday evening, to free a YouTuber who had cemented his own head inside a microwave.

Jay Swingler, 22, became stuck after filling the oven with 7 bags of Polyfilla and then putting his head in it, which was wrapped in a plastic bag.

Swinder is known for pulling ridiculous pranks, but this one might have gone a little too far. 

The microwave wasn't plugged in and was intended to be used as a mold, but the mixture set faster than expected, and Swingler struggled to breathe through the plastic tube his friends had fed to him. 

The group had already spent an hour and a half trying to free the YouTuber before deciding to call the emergency services. Five firefighters from the West Midlands Fire Service were called out to free the YouTuber from the microwave.

The YouTuber documented the affair, and uploaded it to his YouTube channel. 



The West Midlands fire service later tweeted that they were "seriously unimpressed" with the stunt, and pointed out that the time their staff spent there could have endangered someone else.

We hope that this serves as a warning to any of our readers that get the sudden urge to cover their heads in paste and dunk it in to a kitchen appliance. 


Editor

Danielle Partis is editor of PocketGamer.biz and former editor of InfluencerUpdate.biz. She was named Journalist of the Year at the MCV Women in Games Awards 2019, as well as in the MCV 30 under 30 2020. Prior to Steel Media, she wrote about music and games at Team Rock.

Comments

No comments
View options
  • Order by latest to oldest
  • Order by oldest to latest
  • Show all replies