YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO THE BUSINESS OF INFLUENCER MARKETING

Feature

Influencer Marketing – The Best Way to Advertise This Holiday Season?

Influencer Marketing – The Best Way to Advertise This Holiday Season?

By Benedikt Seitz.

Facebook advertisement prices rise by over 100% during the holiday season.

A recent survey by GameInfluencer shows that influencer marketing prices rise only 15% during the same time period, even though inquiries skyrocket.

Marketing your game during the holiday season

The holiday season is the most competitive and therefore most expensive time for advertisers. People spend money on Christmas gifts and when they have spare time at home with their families, they play games and watch their favorite social media stars. The prices for advertisement space rises and marketers face this question: how do we use our holiday budget most efficiently?

Facebook advertisements are a good benchmark of the typical pricing structure in the market. In 2015, Facebook tracked advertisement costs during the holiday season. They showed that CPMs increased by over 100% during the holidays ¹ which goes along with the rising demand for advertisement. Facebook is completely mapped out when it comes to the price and demand structure. Some newer advertisement forms, like influencer marketing, are not. Therefore, presenting a unique opportunity for cost-effective advertising.

Influencer Marketing – A very favorable alternative to traditional User Acquisition

To map the pricing structure of influencer marketing, GameInfluencer did a survey asking over 100 influencers how their prices change during the holiday season.

Only 46% of influencers polled stated that they will increase their prices during the holiday season at all. The remaining 54% will keep the prices stable. When asked how much they will increase their prices, the answers ranged from 10% to 150% but averaged out around 30%. Across both groups, the total price for influencer marketing will not rise by more than 15%.


GameInfluencer's study shows an 85% increase in business enquiries over the festive period.

On the other hand, most influencers (85%) said, that they are approached more often by advertisers to do marketing videos during the holiday season. The estimated increase ranged from 10% to over 200% and averaged out around 80%.


However, only 54% of companies are increasing their prices.

There is a clear disparity between the rise of inquiries for influencer marketing and the only slightly inflated prices. This has to do with the fact that the pricing structure is still evolving and advertisers have yet to realize the opportunity to drastically increase their influencer marketing budget during the holiday season. Either way, when looking at the current numbers, influencer marketing is the most cost-effective way to spend your holiday dollars.

Senior PR and Marketing Manager - Game Influencer

Comments

No comments
View options
  • Order by latest to oldest
  • Order by oldest to latest
  • Show all replies