Facebook is launching two new creator-focused initiatives for sharing videos and managing a community: an app that helps creators manage their presence on Facebook, and a central destination where creators can get the resources they need to improve and grow.
The creator destination will launch with a Q&A with top Facebook gaming creator, StoneMountain64 (SM64). Approaching 1M followers, SM64 is one of the most popular live game streamers on the platform. In the Q&A he explores how he began streaming on FB and shares some tips on how he's built his community. The full Q&A can be read over on Facebook's new Creator page.
Facebook Creator App
The Facebook Creator app is being described as a 'one stop shop' for influencers, to help take their passions to the next level. With the app, users can easily create original video, go live with exclusive features, and connect with their community on Facebook - all from their pocket.
The app features a host of useful tools for creators, including:
• Live Creative Kit: Access exclusive tools that make it easy to create live broadcasts with a personalized and fun feel. Creators can add intros as openers to their live broadcasts, outros that conclude them, custom live stickers that viewers can use to interact, and graphic frames to create a consistent brand.
• Community Tab: Connect with fans and collaborators with a unified inbox, which centralizes comments from Facebook and Instagram, and messages from Messenger.
• Camera & Stories: Use fun camera effects and frames and easily crosspost content to other platforms. Creators can also access Facebook Stories to engage with their fans.
• Insights: Easily access metrics to inform content creation, including analytics about your Page, videos and fans.
"We understand that creators have specific needs, and we're committed to helping them on their journey as they grow and find their community." Facebook stated in today's blog post. "As part of this commitment, we’re announcing two initiatives to help creators unleash their creativity and can get the resources they need to improve and grow."
The Facebook Creator app launches globally today on iOS, and will be rolling it out to Android users in the coming months. The app is open to individuals on Pages or profiles, and can be downloaded from the iTunes store. Facebook will be gathering feedback on the app in order to create the best experience for creators.
Facebook for Creators
Alongside the Creator App, the leading social network has announced Facebook for Creators, a new website where creators can find resources and tips on how to create great videos, connect with fans, and grow on the platform.
If you're a creator, with Facebook for Creators you can:
• Learn skills and techniques to make your content shine.
• Find answers to common creator-specific questions.
• Join the community to be considered for early access to new features and tools.
The addition of creator tools to Facebook could see a rise in the amount of influencers releasing content and streaming directly on the platform. With over 2 billion active users per month, Facebook has over twice the audience that video giant YouTube has, and it could lead to significant changes in the content creator space.