YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO THE BUSINESS OF INFLUENCER MARKETING

News

TikTok soars past 2 billion lifetime downloads

TikTok soars past 2 billion lifetime downloads

Video app TikTok has surpassed 2 billion lifetime installs, according to the latest data from Sensor Tower.

The app hit 1.5 billion installs just five months ago and has been swift to pass the next milestone. It also generated a record number of installs back in February.

Of course, TikTok's latest surge follows the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Millions of new installs have come from people stuck at home and seeking a new hobby. 

Overall, TikTok generated 315 million installs in Q1 2020 - the best quarter for any app ever. The second-highest quarter was Q2 2018, which saw 205.7m installs.

Interestingly, 75.5 per cent of all of the platform's downloads have come from Google Play, with the remaining 24.5 per cent coming from The App Store. 

This week, TikTok also launched a donation sticker function, giving creators the ability to embed a donation link into their content. This allows users to donate to various charities without leaving the app.


Editor - Influencer Update

Danielle Partis is Editor of InfluencerUpdate.biz. She was previously the lead content creator for TeamRock Games, as well as contributing to outlets such as Metal Hammer, both online and in-print. Prior to that, Danielle worked as a freelance PR consultant and freelance journalist for a number of outlets.

Comments

No comments
View options
  • Order by latest to oldest
  • Order by oldest to latest
  • Show all replies