Vlogger Logan Paul has promised to learn the lessons from the reactions to his controversial suicide-forest video, in an interview with US TV show Good Morning America.
"I am a good guy who made a bad decision," said Paul, during the interview."This was a horrible lapse of judgment, and I can, will, and am going to learn from it and be a better person."
Paul also said he accepted YouTube's decision to remove him from its Google Preferred premium advertising program.
"I understand that they needed to take a stance," he said during the interview, which Good Morning America has posted in full on Twitter.
"While I don’t necessarily maybe agree with it, I do respect it... It hurts, but it’s not like I’m drowning. I try not to live my life thinking about money because money doesn’t make me happy. Creating, and making other people happy makes me happy. Creating content to make people smile and laugh, that’s what makes me happy."
FULL INTERVIEW: YouTube star @LoganPaul speaks out, one-on-one with @MichaelStrahan. "I am a good guy who made a bad decision...I will think twice in the future about what I post." pic.twitter.com/5ju8WPA4HV— Good Morning America (@GMA) February 1, 2018
Paul also talked about the age of his audience, and the backlash so far from parents.
"I'm 22 years old. It's not like I'm making content necessarily for kids. Sometimes I cuss. Sometimes I make inappropriate jokes. I want to make jokes that kids my own age will like. I am my own demographic!" he said.
"Now I will say that I am much more aware of the impact that my actions have on myself and others... I think parents should be monitoring what their children are watching more. Every parent I meet whose kids are under the age of 12, I go 'Hey! You let your kids watch my stuff?' And they go 'Yeah, what am I gonna do?'"
Research from British firm Childwise this week claimed that Paul is the most popular vlogger among 5-16 year-old children in the UK.